707 Broadway

Somerville, MA

Today's Hours

(617) 629-2600

Call us now!

Work Comp Injuries

Can I Choose To Treat With A Chiropractor?

YES!  In Massachusetts, chiropractic care is available under the Workers' Compensation Law.  You may go to the chiropractor of your choice.

What Should I Do If I Got Hurt At Work?

Report your injury to your supervisor as soon as possible.  Your supervisor will fill out an incident form and submit it to the company's workers' compensation insurance.

Call our office at (617) 629-2600

After your examination we will send a report to the company's workers' compensation insurance utilization review agent with our recommended treatment plan.

The utilization review agent will review and approve a reasonable treatment plan, specific to a number of treatments within a set time frame.

What If My Condition Is From Overuse Rather From A Specific Injury?

Repetitive movements such as lifting over a period of time, reaching above shoulder level, carrying heavy objects, leaning over a work project, pushing or pulling machine levers, carrying a brief case or lap top computer, repetitive use of a mouse at your computer, etc. may cause overuse stress syndrome.  Often these conditions can improve with better work habits, modifications of equipment, changing seat height, wrist pads for mouse users.

Overuse stress syndrome is a work related injury and is covered under Massachusetts Workers' Compensation.